Did you know that each year roughly 100 million tons of asphalt pavement material is reclaimed? Of this 100 million tons, nearly 95-percent of it is reused in highways and roadways. This not only reduces the cost of roads, but helps with taking care of our environment.
Galt Development’s goal is to recycle and reuse as much asphalt material as possible on every project. What once was used for a parking lot is now a repaired lane on our city street. Read on to learn some of the benefits of asphalt recycling.
- Recycling helps conserve natural resources
- Recycling reduces waste sent to landfills
- Asphalt can be recycled multiple times
- Reduced energy, material, and transportation costs
- Saves taxpayers money for road and highway projects
- Improved quality of asphalt pavement – stronger cracking resistance
- Reduced demand for new asphalt pavement
- Reduced quantity of mining new raw material
- Improved asphalt stiffness
- Decreased susceptibility to rutting
The Asphalt Recycling Process
Galt Development begins the asphalt recycling process with our milling equipment. With this special machine, we remove the top layer of asphalt from a parking lot, street, or driveway without disturbing the sub-base layer.
Once the asphalt is milled and transferred to our trucks, it is taken to an asphalt plant where it is screened and processed to be used to make new pavement material. The quality of the renewed asphalt is often times better than asphalt from brand new materials. Asphalt can be recycled and reused multiple times giving it a very long lifespan.
Galt Development understands the importance of protecting our environment. If you have any asphalt paving or repair needs, you can count on our team to provide you with the best products and services in the most environmentally friendly way.